By Megha Bhakat
Kolkata: University of Calcutta has invited an application for RET Examination 2022 in Geology in various research papers falling under Geology following various norms of Calcutta University.
The present intake capacity of the maximum candidate for the PhD is 30 as mentioned by the Calcutta University.
The candidates willing to apply for the examination can apply through the application form with the proper details asked as per CU format.
Information to be mentioned in the Application:
- The candidate should give their detailed information in an written application in plain paper.
- Name of the candidate with recent passport size photograph affixed on the right-hand corner of the application
- Address for communication
- Father’s or husband’s name
- Telephone number
- Email id
- Date of birth
- Either belong to SC/ST or other reserved category(specify)
- Name of last examination passed with the year of passing with the educational qualification supported by attested photocopies of testimonials (starting from B.Sc. level), mentioning name of the University/College from where he/she has passed along with the percentage of marks achieved, class/grade point average (where available) and year of passing
- Mention if he/she have already qualified at national level tests like NET/GATE/SET or have obtained M.Phil, M.Tech or any Certificate/Diploma with the year of passing the examination and photocopy of validity period of the score if available
- Mention if they are currently employed in any organization, if employed they need to mention the name and address of the organization with the present designation they held in it
- Mention the Department and Institution/University where the candidate desires to carry out his/her research along with title and abstract of candidate’s M.Sc/M.Sc (Tech)/M.Tech/M.Phil thesis/dissertation
- Mention the preferred discipline of proposed PhD Research such as (Sedimentology, Petrology, Structural Geology, and Palarontology) and broad theme of the proposed PhD Research within 250 words to be duly forwarded by willing supervisors need to be submitted along with the application form with separate enclosures , signature of the candidate at last with date and place
Each candidate should apply in the prescribed format by paying a fee of Rs.100/- at the cash counter of University of Calcutta. A photocopy of challan of RET examination fee to deposited by the candidate must be attached to the application of the candidate for the RET.
Last date and time for submission of application by the candidate is March 29, 2022 till 3:00 p.m. RET (written part) exam will start from March 30, 2022 from 12:00 noon to 2:30 p.m. The interview part for the RET Exam 2022, will held on March 31, 12 noon onwards.
The declaration of names of the candidates qualified in the RET will be displayed in the notice board of the Geology Department of Calcutta University after due approval of the result by the honorable Vice-Chancellor, C.U. Candidates can visit the official website of the University of Calcutta for the detailed information about the RET Examination 2022.
Click Here for More Institutional Activities