CBSE Announced Free Professional Development Program for Teachers and
- CBSE Announced Free Professional Development Program for Teachers and
CBSE Announced Free Online Continuous Professional Development programme for Teachers and Principals process of participation
BY JYOTI RANA
New Delhi : CBSE announced free online continuous professional development program for teachers and principals With an objective to provide opportunity to update competencies of teachers of schools affiliated to CBSE and also to make them stress free during this COVID pandemic situation, Board suggests them to get involved in Continuous Professional Development (CPD). National Education Policy 2020 says that Teacher and Principals are expected to participate in at least 50 hours of CPD opportunities every year for their own professional development, driven by their own interests.
In this context, the CBSE Board has decided to conduct free of cost online training sessions for teachers from the month of May-2021. The duration of each session will be of one hour. Sessions shall be focused on various aspects of teaching-learning practices, Innovative Pedagogies, Integration of Life Skills in Classrooms and everyday life, Integration of Arts, Sports and ICT in Classrooms, Blended learning, 21st Century Skills, Child Psychology, Cyber Safety and other relevant areas. Details of the sessions shall be available on Training portal of the Board.
Training Sessions are planned to cater the requirements of approx. 10 lakh teachers of CBSE family based on their needs, interest, area of expertise and acquired competencies. Hence it is advised that teachers should chose most appropriate sessions and not get involved in the race of online certificate collection. To promote the practice of selection of appropriate sessions, a provision has been made that “a teacher is eligible for two free sessions per month out of all the sessions scheduled by different Centers of Excellence of the Board.”
The registration for free online session shall be taken on CBSE Training Portal only. The process of registration and participation is given at Annexure –A.
All Principals of the schools affiliated to the Board are requested to conduct a comprehensive “Training Need Analysis” of their teachers and suggest them to enroll in the most suitable sessions offered by CBSE.
It is pertinent to mention here that the already uploaded paid sessions shall be conducted as per schedule and no fee shall be refunded for the same.
For more updates click here - cbse.gov.in
● Registration link for free sessions:
● You will be directed to following screen:
● Click on “Click here to register for free online session”.
● Registration process for the free online sessions shall be same as for paid online sessions.
FOR CONDUCT OF SESSION
● Participation link with instructions shall be sent by the concerned Center of Excellence (CoE).
● Attend the session as per instructions of concerned CoE sent on your registered email ID. (Check email ID twice at the time of registration)
● At the end of every session a ‘LINK for Assessment’ shall be shared, in which few questions shall be available related to content of the sessions. On the basis of performance in assessment your attendance on training portal shall be marked by the CoE in next two working days.
● The platform for these sessions will be CISCO-WEBEX
● To download your certificate you need to submit feedback form on the training portal