Santaniketan: Visva Bharati University is going to conduct its 26th National e-Workshop from 10th May to 19th May, 2022.
A.K.Dasgupta Centre for Planning and Development is going to conduct 10 Days National e-Workshop on “Basic to Advance: Hands-on Training of SPSS in Research Methodology”.
The Centre has invited an application from faculty member of colleges and universities, management executives for the Workshop to deepen their understanding and knowledge on different data analysis techniques using SPSS.
The experienced analysts will be providing lectures on this workshop from basic to advance knowledge on all aspects of SPSS, with topics ranging from use of different statistical techniques for data analysis, time series analysis, data mining and predictive analysis. This workshop further explains the theories of different statistical tools which are required to analyze a field data. Participants will also get an opportunity to learn practical work. The workshop will hold in an online mode which will enable the participants to practice what have been taught in the workshop. The trail version of SPSS will be used for the practice sessions.
Objective of the Workshop:
The main objective of the workshop is:
- To understand the basics of SPSS, it uses in research.
- To impart knowledge on different statistical techniques through use of SPSS.
- To interpret the output of analysis of data done during SPSS and to draw valid and meaningful inference from the output of SPSS analysis.
The course would be of particular benefit to Faculties, Teachers, Consultant and Administrators engaged in Higher education Institutes, Industry training professionals, Research Scholars, Students, Extension Specialists in agriculture, public health and rural development practitioners and Consultant in development sector.
During the Workshop, Candidates will get to know about the following topics of the course:
- Introduction to IBM SPS
- Entering and Editing of Data
- Reading Data, Manipulating Data and Saving Data
- Variable, Relationships, Visualizations of data, Coding of data
- Exploratory Data Analysis: Correlations, Regression
- Z-test, T-test, Chi-square test, Inferential Statistics
- Analyzing Categorical Variables
- Cluster analysis, Factor analysis, Log linear Models Discriminant Analysis, Logistic Regression and other Multivariate Analysis Techniques
- Analysis of data with Repeated Measures
Applicants willing to apply for the Workshop have to mail their soft copies of application mentioning their present status on or before 2nd May, 2022. Applicants should mention their contact address, telephone number, e-mail address and institutional affiliation. The application to be send by the candidates need to be addressed to Prof. Debasis Bhattacharya, Chair Professor, A.K.Dasgupta Centre for Planning and Development, Visva-Bharati. Candidates have to send their application on email@example.com within due date.
Registration Fees of Rs.2000/- per participants for Faculties and Teachers and Registration Fees of Rs.1000/- per participants for Research Scholars need to be paid in an online mode. Details of Payment will be provided after selection. The timing for the workshop will be from 3:00p.m. to 8:30p.m.
Candidates will be getting Letter of Acceptance on 3rd May, 2022. Candidates may contact Sri Daya Shankar Kushwaha through Contact No. 9474644413/9475983934 for any query.
Candidates can visit the website www.akdcentrevisvabharati.org for further details.
Click Here for More Institutional Activities