Mandi: The Indian Institute of Technology Mandi celebrated its 13th Foundation Day on March 6, 2022. Dr Vijay Kumar Saraswat, Member, NITI Aayog, and Chancellor, Jawaharlal Nehru University, graced the occasion as the Chief Guest.
Dr. Vijay Kumar Saraswat, Chief Guest of IIT Mandi’s 13th Foundation Day, said, “An interdisiciplinary approach to learning is essential to scale new frontiers of technology and interdisciplinary science and social engineering can solve the world's complex problems. The world needs highly creative engineering graduates, and they are in this hall today. You can solve the world's problems with ethical and sustainable solutions using interdisciplinary and transdisciplinary engineering.”
Speaking on the occasion, Professor Laxmidhar Behera, Director, IIT Mandi, said, “We aim to make IIT Mandi primarily a research Institute. All these centers can contribute to the growth of the institute and the nation. Given my background in robotics and artificial intelligence (AI), I plan to develop a world-class, state-of-the-art laboratory on Cognitive Robotics and HCI (Human-Computer Interaction) to find smart solutions in healthcare, education, agriculture, and defence.”
To date, IIT Mandi's Career and Placement Cell has received 224 job offers during this pandemic from a variety of companies for the 2021-22 academic session. 175 companies have registered for placements at the Cell, which has hosted 120 companies until now for full time equivalent (FTE) hiring, including top corporates like Google, Microsoft, Amazon, Adobe, Flipkart, Oracle, Paytm, Qualcomm, Synopsys, Texas Instruments, BPCL, BEL, L&T, and Deloitte. Additionally, 191 students have received internships. There have been 86 internship registrations by companies, and the Cell hosted 65 companies for the internship drive, including top recruiters like Walmart, Uber, Sprinklr, Arista networks, Zomato, Intel, Nvidia, and Siemens.
Collaboration and Innovation in the past year:
● Prime Minister Narendra Modi reviewed the ‘Made in India’ low-cost Landslide Monitoring System developed by our faculty and students.
● IIT Mandi researchers develop a method that will help in producing clean green power from biomass towards sustainable fuel development.
● Our researchers developed an anti-bacterial, self-cleaning material for face masks and personal protective equipment (PPE). This has been highly appreciated by many government agencies.
● IIT Mandi signed an MOU with the All-India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Bilaspur for research and academic activities.
● IIT Mandi signed an MoU with the District Disaster Management Authority Mandi and District Disaster Management Authority Kangra for deployment of landslide monitoring systems.
● The Technology Innovation Hub (iHub) in Human Computer Interaction (HCI) iHub has signed 5 key MoUs with Unity 3D, ITRA Japan, Rubiscape, Neuroleap, and IIT Mandi Catalyst. Through Catalyst, iHub has identified, invested in, and is working with 18 start-ups in HCI, BCI, and allied fields. These start-ups include Igneel, Svasth 360, Vector Interactive Studios, Datalytics, DGENESIS, Clubmate, Enord, and Task Tracker.
● IIT Mandi researchers demonstrated possible role of signal peptide aggregation on Alzheimer’s disease.
Click Here for More Institutional Activities