Mumbai : Centre for Financial Studies (CFS), S P Jain Institute of Management and Research (SPJIMR) is organising a one of its kind practitioner-focused research contest that aims to enhance industry-academia engagement.
The Contest constitutes of two tracks:
● A Doctoral Track for participants with a PhD, working as a faculty or researcher and participants currently pursuing a PhD programme at any of the leading institutes; in India or abroad.
● A Young Scholars Track for participants from Engineering colleges, Business Schools or other leading undergraduate programmes in India or abroad.
The submissions will be judged on practitioner implications. The top three papers will be awarded cash prizes as below:
Young Scholars Track
First: Rs. 1,00,000/-
Second: Rs. 75,000/-
Third: Rs. 50,000/-
First: Rs. 75,000/-
Second: Rs. 50,000/-
Third: Rs. 25,000/-
In addition to cash prizes, the participants ranking first and second under the Doctoral Track would be eligible to apply for Faculty positions at SPJIMR and would be invited for Faculty Research Seminars.
The Contest calls for original research papers in Finance focusing on a research question based on one of the themes outlined below:
Financial Innovation, which includes FinTech, ESG, and innovative ideas or practices in Finance
Markets & Risks which includes all areas of Financial Markets and Risk Management
The participants may choose a research question pertaining to any area in the above-mentioned topics or choose to research in one of the four specific sub-themes given below.
1. Payment gateways, including virtual cards, voice payments and blockchain technology
2. Artificial intelligence predictions, big data growth and smart algorithms
3. Eco-system enablers required for the participation of Indian Banks for financing M&A transactions in the country*
4. Proactive role of players in the country's financial sector in effective ESG framework adoption*
*The best research papers in the sub-themes numbered 3 and 4 above will receive an honorarium of Rs. 10,000/- each from SBI Capital Markets Ltd. for each of the tracks – Young Scholars & Doctoral. This honorarium is over and above the cash prize that will be awarded to the winning teams.
The last date for registration is January 31, 2023, and for abstract submission, Feb 15, 2023.
For more details: https://spjimr.org/benchmark2023/
Click Here for More Institutional Activities