World Ranking 2018: Stanford Top University For Arts And Humanitie
No Indian University In The List
Times Higher Education (THE) World University Ranking for Arts and Humanities has been released and the list is being led by Stanford University. Interestingly, none of the Indian Universities feature in the list. Earlier, the overall ranking for 2018 had been released by THE in which Indian Universities had slipped in their ranking as compared to the previous year. United States has almost a quarter of the Universities ranked in this list with 7 universities making their way in top 10. 3 Universities from United Kingdom round up the top 10 list.
Apart from US, Universities from Britain, Germany, and Netherlands round the top 100.
The list has ranked about 400 Arts and Humanities Universities. In the list almost 20-25 universities have made place from Canada and Australia. About 30 institutes have made way in the list from Asia.
The methodology of ranking the universities is the same as the overall ranking however the procedure was recalibrated for each subject, with weightings changed to suit individual fields.
The top 10 Universities for Arts and Humanities according to THE World University Ranking 2018 are:
1. University of Stanford, United States
2. Massachusetts Institute of Technology, United States
3. Harvard University, United States
4. University of Oxford, United Kingdom
5. University of Cambridge, United Kingdom
6. University College London, United Kingdom
7. University of Chicago, United States
8. Princeton University, United States
9. Yale University, United States
10. Columbia University, United States
The conspicuous absence of Indian universities from this list is a clear indicator of the standard of Arts and Humanities studies in the country. Though there are Universities like University of Delhi, University of Mumbai etc. which lead the Arts and Humanities studies in the country but do not match up to the International standards.