NEET Counselling 2020: Eligibility Criteria


New Delhi. The NEET 2020 results have been released by the National Testing Agency (NTA). Candidates who took the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET 2020) on September 13 can check their results on ntaneet.nic.in. The eligibility test this year had close to 16 lakh candidates of whom, 85%-90% attended. Conducted in the pen-and-paper mode, the NEET determines the eligibility for admission to undergraduate medical and allied programmes at all medical colleges in the country.  
The NTA had also released the NEET 2020 code-wise question papers earlier today. The NEET 2020 question papers are available in English, Hindi, Urdu, Marathi, Telugu, Gujrati, Tamil, Bengali, Assamese and Kannada languages.

Counselling will be held for admission to 80,055 MBBS (medicine) and 26,949 BDS (dentistry) seats in state medical colleges; 1,205 MBBS seats at 15 AIIMS, 200 JIPMER, 52,720 AYUSH, and 525 Veterinary seats. 

How To Check NEET Result 2020:


 

Visit the NEET website - ntaneet.nic.in

Find the NEET 2020 result link

Key in your application number and date of birth

Submit and download NEET result.

NEET Counselling 2020


NEET Counselling will be held for the 15% All India Quota (AIQ) seats and for the 85% state quota seats. NEET counselling for the AIQ seats is held by the Directorate General of Health Sciences (DGHS) on behalf of the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC). For the 85% state quota seats, NEET counselling will be conducted by the respective state counselling authorities.

AS per the NEET reservation rules, out of the seats under the All India Quota (AIQ), 15% will be reserved for SC candidates, 7.5% for ST and 27% for OBC and 5% for PwD and 10% for EwS category candidates.

Candidates will be able to download their NEET result from ntaneet.nic.in up to thee months (up to January 14). NEET result 2020 will be valid for a period of three years.

NEET Counselling 2020: Eligibility Criteria

Candidates must qualify in NEET 2020 meeting the required qualifying percentile and register on the MCC website within the stipulated time.

Eligibility Criteria For Central Universities

  1. Delhi University (LHMC, UCMS, MAMC): 15% seats will be filled under the All India Quota. For the remaining 85% seats, only those candidates who studied Class 11 and 12 in Delhi are eligible.

  2. Aligarh Muslim University (AMU): 50% seats will be reserved for candidates who studied from AMU schools for at least three years. The remaining 50% seats are open for all NEET qualified candidates.

  3. BHU: All NEET 2020 qualified candidates will be eligible to participate in BHU MBBS counselling for all the seats offered by the university.

  4. Faculty of Dentistry, Jamia Millia Islamia, Delhi: Out of the 50 BDS seats in the institute, three are reserved under the internal quota for candidates who passed their qualifying exam from Jamia Schools as regular students. The remaining 47 seats are opeb to all.

NEET 2020 counselling fee

 

Registration Fee

15% AIQ/ Central Universities

Fee

Unreserved

Rs 1,000

SC/ST/OBC/PwD

Rs 500

Deemed Universities

 

All Categories

Rs 5,000

Tuition Fee (Refundable)

15% AIQ/ Central Universities

Fee

Unreserved

Rs 10,000

SC/ST/OBC/PwD

Rs 5,000

Deemed Universities

 

All Categories

Rs 2,00,000