13 Universities in Tamil Nadu to conduct final semester examination
- 13 Universities in Tamil Nadu to conduct final semester examination
Amid COVID 19 Pandemic, 13 Universities in Tamil Nadu including Madras University to conduct final semester examination online
Mahima Anna Jacob
Chennai: The decision regarding writing the final year examination at the student's respective residence has been made confirmed by the Madras University. The answers need to be written on an A4 sheet paper. Students have the option to either scan the answer sheet and upload it on the University's website or can speed post if the student doesn't have the facility to submit online.
The decision became a matter of relief to all the Malayalee students who study in the Universities and University-affiliated colleges, as the majority of them fled to their hometown due to the surging rise in COVID 19 cases. Earlier, the students had feared that they would have to come to Tamil Nadu to appear for the exam, but with the announcement of the University, their fears were allayed.
Students need to follow the below-mentioned guidelines before attending the examination.
1. The link to receive the questions will be sent to the students via SMS.
2. Questions will also be available from the website, on the day of the exam.
3. Questions can be received half an hour before the examination if the candidate's log in using the register number and date of birth.
4. After writing the examination, the candidate should log in one more time and must upload the scanned answer sheet, within three hours after the examination.
5. Candidates who are unable to send via online or doesn't have the adequate facility can send the answer sheet as a speed post to the college mentioned on the hall ticket.
6. Candidates appearing for the examination in the morning should send the answer sheet on the same day and those appearing in the afternoon should send it before 3 pm the next day.
7. The Nodal Officer should be informed before when the candidate downloads the question paper and uploads the answer sheet after the examination.
To be noted:
1. The final semester examination will be held from 21st to 30th September. The examination is meant for the final year undergraduates, postgraduate students and also for those who failed in the last semester in previous years.
2. It is a 1-hour 30-minute examination.
3. Examination will be from 10 am to 11:30 am and from 2 pm to 3:30 pm.
4. Answers should be written on A4 paper only.
5. Each page should have the register number, subject code, page number and signature.
6. Answers should be written either with a blue or black pen.
7. Number of pages shouldn't exceed 18.
8. Answers shouldn't be typed.
9. Students will be sent the phone number of the Nodal Officer for queries related to the exam.
10. Sample exams will be held on September 18th and 19th.
13 Universities in Tamil Nadu will be conducting online exam:
The Government has issued an order allowing the conduct of final semester college examination in various universities in Tamil Nadu, except for Mother Teresa Women's University in Kodaikanal. The exams will be conducted online at 13 universities. The colleges under the respective universities will also be having online examination. One can take the exam online and in-person at Mother Teresa Women's University.
University exam dates
1. Madras University - 21 to 30 September
2. Madurai Kamaraj University - 17 to 30th September
3. Anna University - 22 to 29th September
4. Bharathiar University - 21 to October 7th
5. Bharathidasan University - 21 to 25 September
6. Alagappa University - 15 September onwards
7. Manonmaniam Sundaranar University - 21 to 30 September
8. Thiruvalluvar University - 16 to 23 September
9. Tamil Nadu Open University - 19 to 30 September
10. Tamil Nadu Teachers Education University - 17 to 29 September
11. Annamalai University - 21 to 30 September
12. Periyar University - 21 to 29 September
13. Directorate of Technical Education - 23 to 29 September
14. Mother Teresa Women's University - 16 to 30 September