IIT Alum-founded Startup, launches free App to provide real-time
- IIT Alum-founded Startup, launches free App to provide real-time
Blue Sky Analytics, an IIT Alum-founded Startup, launches free App to provide real-time updates on Air Pollution across India
Called ‘BreeZo,’ the air quality data app utilizes Satellite Tracking to compare pollution levels in multiple locations in real-time and access historic trends across days, months and years across all pollution control boards in India
DELHI, : Blue Sky Analytics, an IIT Alum-founded Geospatial Data Intelligence Startup, has launched a mobile app that can provide real-time information on Air Pollution across India free of cost to everyone. This is not only an App to analyze Air Quality Data but a Data Analysis Platform that can provide historical trends on air quality data across days, months and years from all pollution control boards in India.
Also available as a web platform, ‘BreeZo’ is an air quality data app, powered by satellite monitoring and sensors across the country, which can help a user:
- Track live levels of multiple pollutants and understand their exposure to each one of them
- Track 200+ locations in real-time and compare pollution levels of multiple locations
- Get daily notifications for good air days and bad air days and recommendations for what can be done to reduce exposure to air pollution
- Also available as an API for direct integration, and as chatbots on WhatsApp and Facebook messenger for quick access to Air Quality information
Blue Sky Analytics is co-founded by Ms. Abhilasha Purwar, an Alum of IIT (BHU) Varanasi, Yale School of Forestry and Environmental Studies and a Fulbright Scholar, and Mr. Kshitij Purwar, who dropped out of college at the age of 20 to become a full-time developer.
Speaking about the vision of the company, Ms. Abhilasha Purwar, Chief Executive Officer, Blue Sky Analytics, said, “We have a fundamental thesis - The 2020s will be the decade of the climate crisis. To make an informed decision, evaluate various courses of action, and lead smart environmentalism, we need better environmental intelligence. Blue Sky provides the environmental data, starting with Air in 2019, Water in 2020, and Land and Heat in 2021, by crunching large volumes of datasets from satellites and various IoT devices, processing them through our proprietary machine learning algorithms, and providing them to various stakeholders through easily accessible APIs and dashboards.”
Further, Mr. Kshitij Purwar, Chief Technical Officer, Blue Sky Analytics, added, “We call this our ‘Geospatial Data Refinery.’ Our vision is to build the world's largest spatially and temporally continuous dataset on key environmental parameters and transform the monitoring, diligence, and risk assessment systems in India and globally.”
Within seconds of using the BreeZo app, the user can get information on:
- Air Quality in their area
- Find their closest sensor information by using the handy ‘compass’ button to instantly get near real-time updates on the air quality
- The impact of each pollutant on the air the user breathes. Each pollutant affects people in different ways and it is important to understand how
BreeZo not only provides a breakup of the air-based on the different pollutants, it also allows the user to judge exposure levels to them and gives them the power to decide your exposure level to poor air.
Highlighting the benefits of this app, Mr. Kshitij Purwar said, “Air pollution has emerged as the second-most serious risk factor for public health in the country after malnutrition. One can use BreeZo to compare air quality across different cities in India, track the constantly updated ranking board of the 10 most polluted locations in India and use our health and location-based recommendations to deepen their knowledge of air pollution and reduce exposure to harmful air.”
BreeZo provides all of the information on air quality at a single glance. It shows historical data and changes in air quality across space and time through interactive graphs and visuals which give the user greater information about the changes in the air around them. Users will now be able to determine cleaner air routes, when to go outside and what areas to avoid at certain times.
New Features coming soon to BreeZo include:
- Air pollution predictions for the next three days based on your location
- Health recommendations and tips to reduce your exposure to harmful air
- Integration of your own IoT air pollution monitors to our networkØ Integration to your smart devices such as watches, TV and voice assistants