CBSE AND SCHOOLS RESOLVE TO TAKE UP CHALLENGES AND ISSUES IN MISSION
- CBSE AND SCHOOLS RESOLVE TO TAKE UP CHALLENGES AND ISSUES IN MISSION
CBSE AND SCHOOLS RESOLVE TO TAKE UP CHALLENGES AND ISSUES IN MISSION MODE
New Delhi. The CBSE Annual conference of Sahodaya Schools and the 90 year celebrations of CBSE which started on 1st november 2019 at Vigyan Bhawan Delhi successfully culminated on 02nd November 2019.
During the 2nd day of the conference, Sh. Bharat Lal, Addl. Secretary, Ministry of Jal Shakti, Govt. of India emphasized on implementing water conservation strategies in schools. Aptly themed Conserve Blue to stay Green, the session discussed the initiatives taken towards water conservation and the steps that need to be taken to conserve this fast depleting resource. The Jal Shakti ministry is working closely with CBSE to take the Mission Water forward. The Sahodaya Complexes will contribute by sensitizing students for the same.
Anita Karwal, Chairperson CBSE outlined the following actions to be followed by CBSE schools:-
- Each child, save one: Every child in the CBSE schools: from classes 5 to 12 will save at least one litre of water every day at home and at school
- Conduct water surveys
- Make water awareness study part of all academic subjects
- All schools under CBSE to become water efficient in the next three years.
The conference also saw lectures and deliberations on following critical themes:-
1. Differentiated Learning for Diverse Classroom
2. Conversations on Theatre in Education and Transformations.
3. Furthering Education and Skills
4. Art of Matematics
5. Empowering well-being
6. FUTURE READY SCHOOLS WITH ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE
7. EXPERIENTIAL LEARNING and
8. FIT INDIA
The resolution of the conference was to build Competency based and holistic education for sustainable future which will be achieved by focussing on child centered education and principles of Nai Talim. The needs, interests and aptitude of the learners will be prioritized. Implementation of programs and projects based on current challenges and issues will be taken up in mission mode.
The conference left the audience enriched with newer ideas, innovations and a broader understanding of the Nai Taleem as propounded by Mahatma Gandhi and its relevance in the education world today.
The conference, over the two days, accomplished its aim of bringing together people and themes from diverse contexts and facilitating discussions and deliberations on current issues. It provided a thought provoking bouquet of ideas and perspectives on the subject, bringing in contrasting viewpoints and giving participants a glimpse into the complex field of education.