Standard of education in Bihar government schools not up to the mark

 

Talking about the education provided in Bihar government schools, State Education Minister Ashok Choudhary on Sunday admitted that the standard of the same is "not good". He said this while referring to a report prepared by an NGO which carried out a massive survey at grass root level about the low quality of education at government schools.

"Students of class 5 of government schools cannot solve the mathematics problem of class 3", Choudhary said while inaugurating an inter-district cricket tournament at Barbigha College ground, located 15 km away from the district headquarters.

Measures taken for improvement:

The state government has taken certain measures including improving infrastructural facilities to provide quality education at government schools, he said. The minister said that 88 per cent of school going children study at government schools while the remaining 12 per cent study in private schools.

Terming the demands of teachers of unaided schools as genuine, the minister said that the government is working hard to fulfil their demands and has requested the teachers to end their strike and participate in the evaluation of copies of intermediate and matriculation so that results could be published on time.

Free WiFi facilities in colleges and universities:

A few days ago, on the occasion of  state's Foundation Day celebrations, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar launched his ambitious programme to provide free wifi facilities in colleges and universities.